18gb Internal disk on a multiprise 2000
c***@co.wake.nc.us
2004-10-05 21:12:50 UTC
All,

I want to add several new internal HDDs to my multiprise 2003. I have 8
dummy slots & I understand I can buy 18gb HDD to fill these slots. Has any
one done this? How would they be defined in the IOCP? My manual for the
internal feature only has 9.1gb drives.

I am trying to find some documentation on the web site & have not yet been
successful.
Thanks.

Clyde Mann
IT Engineer/Operations Supervisor
Wake County Information Services
(919) 856-5641
***@co.wake.nc.us
www.wakegov.com
DTyser
2004-10-06 13:34:01 UTC
Clyde..

We did this same thing last year.. adding to our internal Dasd on the Multiprise 2003

Heres how they look in our IOCP:
CHPID PATH=(5B,5F),TYPE=ISD
CNTLUNIT CUNUMBR=5B01,PATH=(5B,5F),UNITADD=((00,32)),UNIT=3990
IODEVICE ADDRESS=(560,08),CUNUMBR=5B01,UNIT=3390,UNITADD=10
IODEVICE ADDRESS=(568,08),CUNUMBR=5B01,UNIT=3390,UNITADD=18

Here's the link to a IOCP publication on IBM's website. (replace the hxxp: with http:)
hxxp://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/DA5A4011/CCONTENTS?SHELF=EZ2HW125&DN=GC38-0401-11&DT=20000119095200

Sincerely,

Dennis Tyser (2nd VP - Computer Systems Development) 402-434-9662
Security Financial Life Insurance Co.
4000 Pine Lake Road
P.O. Box 82248
Lincoln, NE 68501-2248
Robert W. Hedgpeth
2004-10-06 13:38:28 UTC
Clyde:
Yes, you can add 18GB drives to your MP2000. The publication you
are looking for is SA24-4261-03 - Using the Internal Disk Subsystem. Try
searching IBM for that publication number. It's been several years since I
did this for one of our clients and I seem to have misplaced my notes on how
to define them in the IOCDS, but the manual should give you some examples.

Robert W. Hedgpeth -Technical Support Representive
illustro Systems, International, LLC

Visit us at www.illustro.com

Tel: (214) 800-8900 Fax: (214) 800-8989
www.wakegov.com
E***@DowlingGroup.com
2004-10-06 14:59:39 UTC
Hello Clyde,

We did not add 18 gb but we did have 36 gb to begin with. Worked
fine.

Did not do anything different.

Ed